Friday, August 17, 2012

Colcannon and short rib


Colcannon with a side of Short Ribs.


 Alright, get some corn, its cheap get the fresh kind you have to peel and raze with your knife to get off. Quickly sear it in the frying pan. I had a dirty on that was left from me being lazy yesterday so even better :).
 Get some taters and boil them, the mash kind should take 10-20 minutes.



I forgot to add, buy a nice short rib put it in the oven with some salt and pepper, i'd say 250-200 3 hours.
check on it every once in a while by sticking in your fork and feeling the texture.


Alright, Kale. I got this off wholefoods, you can feel the freshness. You can go for any kale I got the green kind. The light green there is also black kale etc.  Simply chop it and drop it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to break the structure and take the bitterness out .




 Alright, mix all together and then add the fat from the short rib. The Irish will use butter I think butter is "boring"!!!!!!!  so I add fat from the meat.
Mash it all up into a nice puree
Meat

Colcannon

 Now you tell me.
How can you go wrong ????

No comments:

Post a Comment