Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Tikka Masala


Chicken Tikka Masala

 Went to Eataly. As you can see I guess Pat shops around for Eataly. He must do a good job as their meat and poultry are very good.
The chickens are Mammonite or Amish
the line is always short or non-existent because everybody thinks Eataly is expensive.

 Alright, squeeze two limes and add 1 tsp of paprika. Chop up the chicken to bite sizes and add to the mixture. I used 3 thighs which was not enough I would try 6.
 Chop 2 shallots, add 4 garlic cloves, ginger add 2 chillis (I got small ones) and mix in the food processor for 1 minute.
 1/2 tsp garam masala
1.5 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander.

Here you can see that not having a mortar and pestle should not stop you from working with seeds and force you to work with powder only.
I also recommend frying the spices for a minute to get the aromas going and spice them up.
Mix everything with the yogurt and coat your meat of choice  (Chicken) leave it over night or if you are hungry cook it in a hurry like I did.


Very simply.
sear the meat on high heat for 10 minutes.
Drop 400 grams of chopped tomato and a cup of chopped Cilantro.
Cook till meat is soft. I did 20 minutes as I was hungry. Which means you have time to make your rice.
10 minutes before serving you can add 1/2 and 1/2 or some cream  1/2 cup is enough or you can skip this if you are not on speaking terms with Jim.


It's all in the spice.


No comments:

Post a Comment